Kennesaw State basketball will open the 2012-2013 season against Tennessee on November 9 in Knoxville. The Owls will put a team on the floor that's expected to match last year's squad. They return 62% of last season's minutes and will look to fill the gap with the output of six incoming freshmen.
The Kennesaw State offense will suffer from a 56.3% drop in three-point shooting, the largest gap that the team will need to fill. Following that is assists, where they lost 47.3% of last year's output.
Kennesaw State ended last season with a record of 3-28 overall and were dead last in the Atlantic Sun with a conference record of 0-18. Kennesaw State lost last year's seniors Spencer Dixon (37 minutes per game), Romain Henry (21 MPG), and Brandon Sewell (1 MPG). The Owls must also do without Mirza Sabic (13 MPG), Nick Turner (11 MPG), and Sam Glover (2 MPG), who left the team.
The Owls retain sophomore Delbert Love (3.0 assists/game), senior Markeith Cummings (15.4 points/game), senior Aaron Anderson (8.9 points/game), junior Brandon Dawson (3.6 points/game), and junior Andrew Osemhen (0.6 points/game).
The Owls get new blood including freshmen 6-1 Myles Hamilton, 6-7 Nigel Pruitt, 5-9 Yonel Brown, 6-8 Benard Morena, 6-7 Cole Hobbs, and 6-5 Jordan Montgomery. One other player joining the team is 6-10 sophomore Willy Kouassi (transferred from Auburn).
The Owls go up against one AP preseason Top 25 opponent, at #22 Notre Dame on December 19th. Kennesaw State will begin their Atlantic Sun campaign on December 31st against Florida Gulf Coast.
Tags: Spencer Dixon
- Since 2007, Kennesaw State has an overall winning percentage of 26.6%.
- The Owls have an average conference finish of 8.8 over the last 5 seasons. Over the past 7 the team has an average finish of 8.0.
- The average final RPI (last year) of opponents on this year's schedule is 208.0.
- This year's opponent with the highest RPI from last year is Notre Dame (#48).
- This year's opponent with the lowest RPI from last year is South Carolina State (#343).
- The last time Kennesaw State returned more than 66% of the team's statistical production was 2011-2012.
, Romain Henry
, Brandon Sewell
, Mirza Sabic
, Nick Turner
, Sam Glover
, Delbert Love
, Markeith Cummings
, Aaron Anderson
, Brandon Dawson
, Andrew Osemhen
, Myles Hamilton
, Nigel Pruitt
, Yonel Brown
, Bernard Morena
, Cole Hobbs
, Jordan Montgomery
, Willy Kouassi